Winter ’11 Upgrade – Winter ’11 is an automatic, free, and mandatory upgrade for all Salesforce.com customers. It will be applied on the weekend (Friday night) of October 1 or October 8, depending on which instance the customer has been assigned to. You can visit http://trust.salesforce.com/ for more information on scheduled downtime and for status updates.
Key changes in this release include:
- Automatic activation of Chatter, and significant changes to Chatter functionality.
- Noticeable changes to the User Interface –
– The Search option, in particular, has moved to the top of the screen.
– The list of applications, log out, and help options have moved.
- A real-time WYSIWYG report builder –
– While the new functionality is almost identical to the old functionality, the process for building reports has changed.
– If you have not already done so, please take the time to familiarize yourself with the new interface before assisting customers.
- An improved System Log Console (will affect customers who fire Batch Classes manually) and improved VisualForce debugging tools.
This is by no means a complete list of the changes and enhancements in Winter ’11. For more information on the Winter ’11 release, visit the Winter ’11 Release Page (http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Winter11) and/or review the attached release notes.
or Download Winter 11 Release File – http://www.box.net/shared/iekymrtju9