Exercise – Migration of Standard Price and Price Books through Data Loader.
In order to add a product to a price book in Salesforce through the Data Loader, there is a specific sequence that must be followed.
In this process, we will need to assign a standard price and unit price to the PricebookEntry . **Note – For this we need to do the migration 2 times.
Step – 1 First we need to link the Product to Standard Price; for that there are 4 major things which we require –
- Product2ID – which refers to Product ID
- PriceBook2 ID – refers to Standard Price Book ID.
- List Price – referes to the prices associated with products in custom price books.
- ISACTIVE – should be TRUE – this price is available to products.
- Name – Product Name which is not required.
** Prepare the excel file given below – (Refer the Screenshot # 1.1)
Step -2 Insert the data, and choose Price Book Entry(Pricebook Entry) in Data Loader. Make sure that you need to select the checkbox Show all Salesforce.com Objects.
[Refer the screen shot below]
Step – 4 Once we have associated the Standard Pricebook Entry, now we need to associate the Price Book. For this we need to follow the above mentioned steps, its just we need to change the Pricebook2 ID which will be our Pricebook ID.